Honey has several health benefits! It is rich in antioxidants, is a better for you sweetener than sugar, and helps with sore throats. Plus there are many ways honey can be used. Here are 7 Sweet Ideas:
- Use it as a sweetener in your tea or coffee.
- Add to plain yogurt for a touch of sweetness.
- Make a peanut butter and honey sandwich on toast. Trust us! Maybe add some sliced bananas or apples too.
- Use it to make homemade bbq sauce or sweeten up your store bought sauce.
- Make honey butter to serve with a special breakfast or brunch.
- Mix up a homemade dressing with a touch of honey.
- Add a small ramekin of honey to your cheese and cracker platter to be drizzled over cheese and fruit.
At Color Me Carolina we are proud to carry Cloister Honey. Made locally in Charlotte, NC, founders Joanne de la Rionda and Randall York are dedicated to preserving the incredible flavor and healthful benefits of natural honey. The company started after Joanne gave her husband a bee hive as a gift. They were quickly hooked and turned their new-found hobby into a business. Known for Joanne's culinary creations with textures, spices and infusions, Cloister Honey has been been recognized with awards from Southern Living, Our State Magazine, and Charlotte Magazine.
Stop by to check out our current flavoring offerings including lavender, ghost pepper and bourbon! We're also happy to make a gift basket featuring Cloister Honey for your next hostess or client gift.